Product Designer – Job Vacancy
HiB is a market leading bathroom product manufacturer and supplier, well known for innovation and excellence of service in the sectors of Bathroom Mirrors, Cabinets, Furniture, Lighting and Ventilation. These are products which research shows are key items for the finished bathroom and which help in Making Bathrooms Beautiful. Having supplied the Bathroom Retail Market for the past 25 years, HiB is highly successful with a clear vision for future growth. The HiB Product Designer is tasked with taking ownership and developing HiB products, with an aim to drive the brand forward and overall sales. JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Designer will be responsible for:
- Researching market opportunities, both consumer, retail and contract.
- Assessing market competition and creating new opportunities for HiB products.
- Designing and creating new innovative ranges.
- Appraising and reviewing existing product lines and making recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Liaising with QA and suppliers on improvements and performance.
- Sourcing products and components.
- Visiting suppliers with QA to approve for suitability.
- Working with QA to ensure quality is maintained.
- Visiting exhibitions to look for ideas and suppliers.
- Helping to train the sales team on new HiB ranges.
- Looking at how new ranges can be marketed and help to create new market opportunities.
- Designing and developing POS and branding communication.
- Calculating trade and retail prices with comparison to market competition to maintain company margins.
- Providing sales analysis for meetings.
- Further assisting with the improvement of the NPD system for HiB.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
REQUIREMENTS We are seeking a highly structured and professional individual, with:
- Proven experience as a Product Designer.
- A thorough working knowledge of Solidworks and Adobe Suite.
- Experience with designing domestic lighting and current LED technologies.
- An excellent level of verbal, written and numerical literacy with the ability to network at all levels.
Identified as a key role in the vision for future growth, the company will make the most of existing talents and offer support and assistance to equip the HiB Product Designer with the skills required to lead the way in this role through experiential, social and formal learning and management development. If you are looking for a new challenge and are ready to develop your career with a successful and expanding company that will make the most of your talents and develop your skills, please send CVs to Emma Cuggy, HR Manager at email@example.com. This position is based in Tamworth at our National Distribution Centre and will require some travel abroad. In return we offer a competitive salary and company benefits.